|Home Contact Write for us|
Instructions for the Classic Knot Wedding Bun HairstylesStyling Instructions by Expert Author Lenzi Hart
Breakfast at Tiffany’s or waltzing on a terrace in Monte Carlo are nothing compared to your wedding day. Yet, doesn’t your wedding day style deserve to reflect the loveliness and poise possessed by the glamorous actresses of old Hollywood? A Classic Knot is the perfect solution for a bride wishing to mirror the sophistication possessed by Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly. You don’t need an A-list bank account or personal hairstylist, because achieving this look is much simpler than you might think.
Is the classic knot Hairdo for you?Hair that is shoulder length or longer works best for this style, but hair pieces and extensions can be added to shorter hair to achieve the desired thickness of the bun. Clear elastic bands or elastic bands that resemble a shade close to your hair color are required. You will also need several bobby pins to secure your bun in place, as well as a low-hold hairspray and shine spray.
Instructions for classic knot wedding bun hairstyleBefore you begin, you need to make sure that the diameter of your bun will not exceed the area of your veil halo. (Veil halos are veils that are attached to a circular head piece.) If you have a crown or veil comb, you will want to decide how high or low you wish your veil to be. Do this by holding up your veil, and testing out different heights until you decide what looks best. In step three, you will remember where you wish your veil to be, and then secure your ponytail in that area.
1. Begin by parting your hair to one side. Your part should be clean and straight, and you should use a fine tooth comb to obtain the perfect, flawless part.
2. Smooth hair into a low ponytail, or the height you decided before beginning. Using a clear elastic band, or a band that is a shade close to your hair color, secure the ponytail so that it is tight, but comfortable. Be sure your ponytail is tight, smooth, and free of fly-aways.
3. Using your brush, gently tease the hair of the ponytail; giving it dimension and volume. If you are adding hair pieces for a thicker bun, this is the step in which you will add them. Secure them within your ponytail, following the directions that come with your hair piece. Twist the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic forming a loose bun.
4. Hold the bun in place with your fingers and begin securing the style with bobby pins. Attempt to secure the pins into the hair, with the prong ends going into the bun. Your goal is to hide the pins within the hair; you need to reposition the pin if you are able to see the whole thing!
5. Don’t hesitate to fluff the bun and pin it to where you want it to go. You may have to “play” with your hair and the pins to accomplish your end result.
6. Once you have finished securing your knot into place, and feel that it is stable and secure, apply your finishing products. Using your hair spray, spritz hair with a fine mist, and smooth any stray hairs into place. Lightly spray the knot with a fine-mist shine spray, and gently run your fingers around the bun to banish any fly-away pieces of hair.
7. Secure your veil into place, using your veil combs or bobby pins. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE USED ENOUGH PINS FOR YOUR HAIRSTYLE TO WITHSTAND THE WEIGHT OF YOUR VEIL!
It is always a good idea to practice your wedding day hairstyle several times before your big day. You want to be able to estimate how long your hairstyle will take you, and who needs to be pressed for time on their wedding day? Looking the part of a glamorous, Hollywood siren is as simple as can be, if you practice the above steps on how to achieve a Classic Knot!